The community centre key card membership is the tool to unlocking a variety of health and leisure opportunities. Whether you live in Woking or outside the borough, you are welcome to apply for a membership.
A community centre membership gives you:
- access to any of the four centres for the community in the borough: The Vyne, St Mary's, Moorcroft and Parkview
- access to the majority of activities at the community centres
- priority booking for certain activities, trips and events
- access to the hot meals service and special lunches
- access to Woking Leisure Centre and Pool in the Park which will allow you to book courts and/or sessions, or simply access the fitness suite on a pay as you go basis, after your induction.
Anyone who lives in or out of the borough of Woking can apply for a standard membership. The card costs £10 annually.
Whether you live in or out of the borough of Woking, you can apply for a status membership if you are in full time education, aged 60 and over, in receipt of Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or on a government training scheme. You will qualify for a discount on most activities at Woking Leisure Centre and Pool.The card costs £10 annually.
You can apply for a concession membership if you live in the borough of Woking, pay your Council Tax to us (Woking Borough Council) and are in receipt of the following means tested benefits:
- Income Support, Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit (income of £16,105 or less per year), Job Seekers' Allowance (income based), Employment Support Allowance (income based) or Pension Credit (guaranteed)
- If you are receiving Universal Credit we need to see your letter from DWP to establish your income falls below £16,105.
If you are in receipt of any of the above benefits, your partner and children (under the age of 17) living at the same address will also qualify for a concession card.
You will qualify for a discount on most activities at Woking Leisure Centre and Pool in the Park. The card costs £5 annually. You will have to prove your eligibility every year when you renew your card.
|Activity or event||Do I need a card?|
|Information services||No, open to all.|
|Bathability, chiropody, Feet First||No, open to all.|
|Hot meal service||No, open to all, but different rates.|
|Trips and special events||Open to all. However, those with a community centre membership will be given priority booking and anyone without a card will be charged a surcharge of between £2 and £2.20.|
|Access to hairdressing||Yes, you will need a card.|
|Access to regular programme of activities run by centres for the community||Yes, you will need a card to access the following activities; quiz afternoon, dance workshops, film afternoon, bingo, whist, well balanced, brush stokes, craft sessions, short mat bowls, line dancing, aromatherapy, sequence dancing, singing for fun etc. When you sign up, pick up one of our activity lists which will show you what is on offer at all four centres for the community.|
For more information, contact any of our centres for the community.
|St Mary's||Stream Close, Byfleet, KT14 7LZ. Phone: 01483 743 877. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The Vyne||Broadway, Knaphill, Woking, GU21 2SP. Phone: 01483 743 558. Email: email@example.com|
|Moorcroft||Moorcroft, Old School Place, Westfield, Woking, GU22 9LY. Phone: 01483 743 373. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parkview||Off Blackmore Crescent, Sheerwater, Woking, GU21 5NZ. Phone: 01483 743 974. Email: email@example.com|