Here are some examples of why we might refund some or all of your Council Tax bill.
- You’re moving out of the area.
- You’re no longer liable at your new address.
- You’re entitled to a band reduction.
- Exemptions or discounts have been granted that will reduce your bill.
- You have already overpaid your Council Tax.
- You have been awarded a Council Tax Reduction.
Information you’ll need to apply for a refund
- Your Council Tax account number – you can find this on your Council Tax bill in the top right-hand corner, underneath the council logo.
- Your bank account details, including account number and sort code.
- The amount you are requesting to be refunded.
Apply for a Council Tax refund online
If you feel you’re entitled to a Council Tax refund, please use our online form to tell us why.