UPDATE: The Planning Inspector has upheld EcoWorld’s appeal. Read more about the appeal and how to access the inspector's report.
Planning inquiry information
Appeal ref: APP/A3655/W/21/3276474 - Land to the north and south of Goldsworth Road, Woking, GU21 6JT
The inquiry opened on Tuesday 30 November 2021 at 10am.
It was held in-person at Woking Borough Council's Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking, GU21 6YL.
There was also an option to participate virtually.
- Tuesday 30 November, inquiry opened at 10am: Inspector’s opening announcements and opening statements from appellant, council, and rule 6 party; statements from interested persons and appellant’s first witness (Mr Nigel Bidwell - design).
- Wednesday 1 December: council’s first witness (Mr Paul Hearmon - daylight and sunlight) and council’s second witness (Mr Peter Rainier).
- Thursday 2 December: Appellant’s second witness (Dr Chris Miele - townscape and visual impact) and Appellant’s third witness (Mr Gordon Ingram - daylight and sunlight).
- Friday 3 December: Appellant’s fourth witness (Ms Katy Davis - planning); S106 agreement and planning conditions.
- Tuesday 7 December: Third parties and Closing submissions by the parties – the council, rule 6 party (Oaks and Vale Farm Road Residents' Group) and the appellant.
To view documents associated with this appeal, visit the Planning Portal and use the above name and reference using the search function: PLAN/2020/0568