Are you registered to vote?
In order to vote in an election you need to be on the electoral register.
Individuals are responsible for registering themselves instead of one person representing a whole household, as was previously the case.
COVID-19 secure polling stations and other ways to vote
Polling stations will be safe places to vote. We are reviewing arrangements for the elections on 6 May 2021 very carefully to ensure that voters are safe and able to cast their vote.
To keep yourself and others safe on polling day, please:
- wear a face covering (over your mouth and nose) inside the polling station
- sanitise your hands using the hand sanitiser provided
- maintain and follow the social distancing instructions at all times
- bring your own pen or pencil to mark your ballot paper, if possible.
If you do not want to vote in person on polling day, you can apply in advance for a postal vote.
If you wish to apply for a postal vote, we urge you to apply well in advance of the application deadline and then complete and return your vote as early as possible.
Key election dates
- Registration to vote deadline: midnight, Monday 19 April 2021
- Postal vote deadline: 5pm, Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Proxy vote deadline: 5pm, Tuesday 27 April 2021
- Election day: 7am to 10pm, Thursday 6 May 2021
Key election documents
- Notice of election: to be published by Monday 29 March 2021
- Statement of candidates nominated: to be published by Friday 9 April 2021
- Notice of election agents' names and offices: to be published by Friday 9 April 2021
- Notice of poll: to be published by Tuesday 27 April 2021
The first set of poll cards will be sent to registered voters from March 2021 onwards.
Electors are able to vote without their poll card at their nominated polling station.
Polling stations will open from 7am until 10pm on Thursday 6 May 2021.
For this election, you do not need to provide photographic identification to confirm your identify.
To find your polling station, check your poll card or use our online search below.
The deadline to register to vote is midnight on Monday 20 April 2021.
If you registered to vote by the deadline, you should receive your poll card by Monday 3 May 2021.
The deadline to register to vote by post is 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
The deadline is register to vote by proxy is 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
For more information, contact our elections team.
Phone: 01483 743 860