As part of the Woking integrated transport project and Victoria Square development, there will be the occasional need to close sections of the highway and pedestrian footpaths.
Lane extension project on Lockfield Drive gets underway
Road users can look forward to smoother traffic flow through Woking town centre, as plans to widen Lockfield Drive on the approach to the junction with Victoria Way gets underway on Monday 16 November 2020. The works are expected to take 23 weeks to complete.
The works will see a small section of highway verge along the approach to the bridge over the Basingstoke Canal reclaimed to accommodate additional queueing capacity, giving easy access to the new car park that is currently under construction, and easing congestion for traffic continuing east along the A320 towards the M25.
Improved highway safety measures will also be introduced, along with an upgraded traffic signal system.
During the works, Lockfield Drive will remain open in both directions. We would like to thank road users for their patience during these important works.
For more information about the ongoing Woking Integrated Transport Project, please visit www.woking.gov.uk/wokingitp
Engineering works along Goldsworth Road, Poole Road and Church St West
In order to complete vital engineering works to support the delivery of low-carbon, environmentally sustainable energy supplies to town centre residents, the following road closures will be in place from 2 November 2020 until 16 November 2020:
- Goldsworth Rd will become Westbound only (towards Morrisons from Victoria Arch) past Poole Road for a period of two weeks, after which it will re-open in both directions.
- Access to Forge End and Church Street West via Victoria Way right filter lane is restricted until 16 November 2020. A signed diversion will be in place via Victoria Arch and Goldsworth Road.
- Entry to Poole Rd will continue to be via the Morrisons link road under temporary traffic lights. Until 16 November 2020.
- Forge End will be closed in both directions on Monday 16 November for one day, to facilitate Surrey County Council road resurfacing works.
From the 16 November 2020 until 10 December 2020:
- Poole Rd South end will be blocked to traffic, but accessible from both ends.
- Access to the Midas House car park will be as before, via the car park exit on Poole Rd, for a period of four weeks.
In addition, oversized loads of flue towers will be delivered into Poole Road on 12, 13, 16 and 18 November, which may cause additional disruption.
We apologise in advance for inconvenience caused. Further information can be viewed at www.thamesweygroup.co.uk/notifications
Commercial Way to close for highway improvements
To continue to support the transformation of Woking town centre, Commercial Way will be closed to all traffic from 5 Harland House to the junction with Chobham Road, for three months, from Thursday 8 October 2020.
During the works, Farrans Construction, working on behalf of Woking Borough Council, will be resurfacing the highway with new brick paving.
There will be no alternative access route available to exit Commercial Way. Deliveries to businesses will take place at Chobham Road.
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the works.
For more information about the closure, please call Farrans on 02890 394043 or email email@example.com
Woking Borough Council would like to thank local businesses, road users and residents for their patience during this time.