Since 2016 when the project began, we have achieved much to improve the highway network and create a safer environment for cyclists and pedestrians within Woking town centre.
A summary of the works we have completed is below.
- Created new bus lane and Town Wharf bus stop along Victoria Way.
- Removed planters and widened Church Path before resurfaced with granite block paving.
- Created new pedestrian public plaza outside railway station.
- Relocated the taxi rank to The Broadway.
- Resurfaced Chapel Street with granite block paving.
- Rebuilt and resurfaced The Broadway and bus bays with granite block paving.
- Reconfigured High Street to a one-way bus lane, widened the pedestrian footpath, incorporated a contra-flow cycle lane and resurfaced the highway.
- Extended High Street and created new junction with Victoria Way.
- Adapted Goldsworth Road to incorporate new box junction and reconfiguration of junction with Victoria Way.
- Rebuilt and resurfaced Stanley Road.