Residents' car park permits

If you live in one of the Woking town centre apartments listed below you can apply for a residents' 24-hour discounted car park permit. It allows unrestricted use of either the Victoria Way or Heathside Crescent car parks. Only one permit per apartment will be issued. 

Who can apply

Residents living in the following apartment developments may obtain a residents' 24-hour permit.

  • Ashton Court, Victoria Way
  • Birchwood Court, Goldsworth Road
  • Bramwell Place, Chertsey Road
  • Bridgewater Place, Victoria Way
  • Centrium, Station Approach
  • Century Court, Victoria Way
  • Eastgate, Station Approach
  • Enterprise Place, Church St East
  • Kennet Court, Victoria Way
  • Metro Apartments, Goldsworth Road
  • Middle Walk, Commercial Way
  • Regents Court, Victoria Way
  • Stratford Court, Victoria Way
  • The Exchange, Oriental Road
  • William Booth Place, Stanley Road

If a second permit is required, you may can apply for an off-peak car park permit only.

Read more about off-peak park permits

How to apply

To apply, you will need:

  • a copy of part 2 of your vehicle registration document
  • proof of residency for the address you are applying for
  • credit or debit card.

Accepted proof of residency would be a Council Tax reference if you are the person who pays the bill. Alternatively, use a document with your name and address and dated within the last three months, such as a:

  • utility bill
  • bank statement
  • letter from your pension provider or the NHS.

If you have just moved, we can accept a letter from your solicitor or copy of your tenancy agreement.

If you drive a company vehicle proof of ownership can be in the form of a letter from your manager on headed stationery confirming your exclusive use of the vehicle.

If you have just changed your car or moved to a new house and you are waiting for a new vehicle registration document from the DVLA, please send us copy of the new owner slip or the completed change of address section with your permit application.

Apply for a residents' 24-hour car park permit

Using and making changes to your permit

Victoria Way and Shoppers’ car parks

These car parks are operated by a barrier controlled by automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system, so applicants will be issued with an access card, known as a ‘proximity card’, which will open the barriers and give unlimited entry and exit.

If you change your vehicle, you will need to let us know your new vehicle's details.  You can complete the change of vehicle online, which costs an administration fee of £15. Once these details have been received, the ANPR will be updated so your new vehicle will be recognised at the entrance and exit barriers. In the interim,  please use your proximity card to enter and exit the car park until the ANPR has been updated.

Please note there is no need to submit details for the use of a short term courtesy or loan cars. Use your proximity card to enter and exit the car park. 

Heathside Crescent car park

This car park is not barrier operated so a permit is issued that must be clearly displayed in the vehicle windscreen whilst parked. Failure to display may result in a penalty charge notice (PCN) being issued.

If you change your vehicle, please submit these changes online and transfer the windscreen permit to your new vehicle.  In the event of a courtesy or loan car, please transfer the permit, remembering to return it to your usual vehicle once you are using this again.

Apply to make a change to your permit

Returning your permit to us

You can surrender your permit by returning it to us at the address below. We will refund any unused months minus an administration charge of £25. Please remember to send us your bank details for payment via BACS.

Please return your permit to: Customer services, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking GU21 6YL.

Please note our permit schemes are reviewed annually and may not necessarily continue.


For more information about parking permits, please phone our parking services team.

Phone: 01483 755 855