His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh

The Mayor, Members and Officers of Woking Borough Council are deeply saddened at the news of the death of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh. Our thoughts are with the Royal Family at this time.

Find out more

Carer parking permits

Carer permits are available to residents who require regular visits from care organisations or relatives. The permit must be used by each visiting carer and displayed in windscreen of their vehicle. When the carer’s visit is over, they must return it to the resident so it is available for the next visiting carer to use.

A carer's permit costs £10 and it valid for 12 months.

Who can apply

Carer permits are available for residents living in a controlled parking zone.

View a map of our controlled parking zones

Your GP must be able to confirm in writing that you have a medical condition which requires essential care. Please ask your doctor to complete our doctor’s verification statement to validate your request. Alternatively, a recent letter from social services confirming ongoing care would be acceptable.

Download a doctor’s statement form

Who cannot apply

Permits are not available to residents:

  • who are car owners
  • who have sufficient parking available on a driveway
  • who live in Woking or West Byfleet town centres.

How to apply

To apply, you will need:

Accepted proof of residency would be a Council Tax reference if you are the person who pays the bill. Alternatively, use a document with your name and address and dated within the last three months, such as a:

  • utility bill
  • bank statement
  • letter from your pension provider or the NHS.

If you have just moved, we can accept a letter from your solicitor or landlord.

Online applications take a minimum of two working days to process.

Apply for a carer's permit


For more information about parking permits, please phone our parking services team.

Phone: 01483 755 855