Woking borough residents can apply for a 12-month on-street parking permit. If you require more than one permit, please complete a separate application form for each vehicle.
A permit cost £50 for the first vehicle and £75 for each additional vehicle.
You will need:
- a copy of part 2 of your vehicle registration document
- proof of residency for the zone you are applying for
- credit or debit card.
Accepted proof of residency would be a Council Tax reference if you are the person who pays the bill. Alternatively, use a document with your name and address and dated within the last three months, such as a:
- utility bill
- bank statement
- letter from your pension provider or the NHS.
If you have just moved, we can accept a letter from your solicitor or landlord.
If you drive a company vehicle proof of ownership can be in the form of a letter from your manager on headed stationery confirming your exclusive use of the vehicle.
If you have just changed your car or moved to a new house and you’re waiting for a new vehicle registration document from the DVLA, please send us copy of the new owner slip or the completed change of address section with your permit application.
Who can apply
Residents parking permits are only available to residents living within the Woking, Brookwood and West Byfleet controlled parking zones (excluding certain apartment developments) who own a vehicle and who do not have an adequate number of private, off-street parking spaces. For example, a household with two cars but only one off-street parking space would be eligible for one permit.
Online applications take a minimum of 24 hours to process.
Who cannot apply
On-street permits are not available for residents of:
- Woking controlled parking zone 1, except Ferndale Road and The Grove, the residents of which are issued with permits to allow them to park in those two roads only.
- Metro Apartments and Birchwood Court in Woking controlled parking zone 3.
- West Byfleet Central controlled parking zone, except residents of Lavender Park Road, who are issued with permits to allow them to park in that road only.
- Apartments in Woking where permits are not currently issued and where there is off-street parking provided within the development (even though for just one vehicle).
- Privately owned roads within a controlled parking zone.
- Roads that are in a controlled parking zone but not subject to parking controls.
We do not issue permits for Woking and West Byfleet town centres. However, you may be able to apply for a resident discounted 24-hour car park permit for use at one of the town centre car parks or an off-peak car park permit.
Using and making changes to your permit
Permits are only valid for the controlled parking zone where you live. They are not transferable to other zones.
If you change your vehicle you need to return the original permit and apply for a replacement at a cost of £15. Short term loan cars can be covered by a temporary permit at no cost if you tell us in advance.
You can surrender your permit by returning it to us at the address below. We will refund any unused months minus an administration charge of £25. Remember to send us your bank details for payment via BACS.
Please return your permit to: Customer services, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking GU21 6YL.
For more information about parking permits, please phone our parking services team.
Phone: 01483 755 855