A-boards are an effective way to promote your business. However, A-boards can obstruct the public highway and cause a potential hazard for pedestrians if displayed incorrectly. It is an offence to display A-boards incorrectly.
Here are some useful pointers:
- Position your A-board against your shopfront or business premises.
- Only one A-board per shop or business premises.
- Leave a walkway of at least 1.2 metres between your A-board and the kerb to allow pedestrians and shoppers to pass freely.
- Leave a gap of at least 1.2 metres between your A-board and any street furniture such as bins, benches and signposts.
- Your A-board should not cause any sightline or physical obstruction to highway users.
- Please safely store your A-board inside during strong windy weather and when your premises are closed.