Accommodation and housing services help

If you cannot stay in your home, you can apply to our housing options team as a homeless person.

We have a duty of care to find you and any dependent children living with you somewhere to live. Some people are entitled to emergency accommodation.

To apply for help, you will be asked to provide details about your situation and you may be asked for supporting evidence, which could include details and dates of incidents.

In addition to any support given by us and other agencies, we strongly advise that you obtain independent legal advice as soon as possible.

Find out if you’re eligible for legal aid and find a local adviser