We encourage anyone with an interest in our activities to follow us on social media by searching for 'Woking Council'.
Some of our services maintain their own social media accounts offering followers more in-depth content about their specific areas of work or interest.
See the full list of our social media profiles.
What you can expect from us
When you follow us on social media we will:
- provide you with news and information about our activities or matters of public interest.
- listen to you. Even if we don’t reply we will read and reflect on your comments.
- respond to your enquiries within a reasonable time frame. Our working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- help you or direct you to departments or organisations who can.
- protect your personal data and respect your privacy. More about data protection and privacy.
What we expect from you
We welcome your views and feedback. We do however expect you to be respectful, and to comply with the terms of service and policies of each social media network that you are a member of.
We do not tolerate unreasonable behaviour, whether online, face to face or via the telephone. We will hide, delete and/or report any content on social media that we feel is:
- abusive towards any member of our organisation or community.
- offensive, sensitive, obscene or contains graphic imagery.
- false or misleading.
- violates our intellectual property rights.
- violates any law or regulation.
- spam (persistent unsolicited, unrelated or negative messaging).
In some cases, people who consistently post or publish this type of content may be blocked without warning.
- We use social media to provide general information about our services. If you wish to discuss an urgent or personal matter with us, please contact our Customer Services team on 01483 755855.
- We do not respond to posts of a commercial nature.
- Regardless of terms such as 'follow' and 'like', we do not endorse any individual or organisation by creating a social media connection with them.
We reserve the right to modify or change these conditions at any time.
For more information, please contact the marketing communications team.
Phone: 01483 755 855