We strive to provide high quality services to the best of our ability to all our residents and customers. We recognise that we do not always get it right and meet the standards that we set ourselves.
This is our formal complaints procedure which outlines how you can tell us if you think something has gone wrong with any of the services or facilities that we provide and look at how we can improve.
Your complaints are important as they help us identify where things have not gone as well as we would want them to. We monitor and record all formal complaints received and an annual report is made to our Overview and Scrutiny Committee to assist us in identifying patterns, enable us to learn from what you tell us and share best practice.
All complaints are dealt with fairly, impartially and in strict confidence in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and we will not deal with you any less favourably because you have made a complaint. You can also have access to information we hold about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Why we have a formal complaints procedure?
Having a formal process in place enables us to discover whether anything has gone wrong and if so to say sorry if we have made a mistake, put it right and learn from it. We aim to:
- Listen and ensure we have fully understood your complaint.
- Tell you what will happen next and keep you updated and informed throughout the process.
- Take ownership of the issues you have raised with us ensuring the complaint is dealt with quickly.
- Make it easy for you to contact us throughout the complaints process.
- Take any learning from your complaint to help improve services in future.