To be considered for an appeal, you need to have submitted a stage 1 complaint and received our response. You then have 28 days to submit a stage 2 appeal. The review will be undertaken by a member of our Corporate Leadership Team.
A stage 2 appeal must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- We made our decision based on inaccurate facts that could change our decision.
- You have new and relevant information that was not previously available and which might change our decision.
- We overlooked or misunderstood parts of your complaint or did not take account of relevant information which could change our decision.
What happens after I make an appeal?
For stage 2 appeals we will aim to:
- Acknowledge and log the appeal request within five working days of receipt.
- Fully investigate and respond to the accepted appeal within 20 working days of it being logged.
- Where it is not possible to respond within the 20-day period, due to the complexity of a complaint or due to the absence of a key officer or another specific reason, we will contact you to let you know when you can expect a reply.
- You will always be notified of any changes to the standard response target.