How to submit a complaint

We would like to think that in the majority of cases complaints can be resolved by speaking to the member of staff who dealt with you in the first place. We would encourage you to do this as it might put matters right quickly.

An example might be a recall for a council house repair. Rather than using the formal complaints process, an approach to the appropriate team should be able to resolve the matter without delay.

If such an approach does not resolve your complaint, or if you are unhappy with our response, you can complain formally using our two stage complaints procedure.

You can make a complaint by:

  • Completing our online eform
  • Emailing us at:  
  • Writing to us at: Complaints, Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6YL

If you need help with making a complaint, please contact us and we will try to provide the help that you need. 

Phone: 01483 755 855

We will record any formal complaint received in our central register. We will accept a complaint unless there is a valid reason not to do so.