If you're not satisfied with how your complaint was handled

You are free at any time during the complaints procedure to contact your local councillor. Whilst he or she will not deal directly with a complaint about the way the Council provides a service, your councillor can talk to you about your complaint and help you make contact with officers.

You can find your local councillor on this website, from our staff at the Civic Offices or from local libraries. 

If you remain dissatisfied, having completed our formal complaints procedure, you can complain to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) if you believe we have not handled matters properly. Full information can be found on the LGSCO website

Alternatively, you can contact their advice team on 0300 061 0614.

The Housing Ombudsman Service (HOS) will look at housing related complaints. Full details about the process can be found on the HOS website.

Alternatively, you can contact the HOS on 0300 111 3000.

In certain cases, we reserve the right to consider complaints as unreasonable and decline to respond to further approaches. The decision to classify a complainant as unreasonable will be taken by the Monitoring Officer in accordance with our Unreasonable Behaviour Protocol.
We will not accept as a complaint matters in respect of which legal proceedings have started or those which have previously been dealt with under the Complaints Procedure.