Each year between July and November we contact all residential properties in Woking Borough so that the register of electors can be updated and out of date information removed. The canvass process is required by law.
When you're contacted, if you need to make a change to your registration information, please respond as soon as you can. It will make sure the process runs smoothly. It also means there will be no need for any additional contact.
How to reply, if your details are correct
Find your security code. This can be found on your letter.
Your security code is needed to confirm your details using one of the options below.
- Complete the online household enquiry form.
- Phone 0800 197 98 71 (available 24 hours).
- Text NOCHANGE with your security code to 80212 (your standard network charges apply).
How to reply, if the details need changing
If any details need to be changed or someone needs to be added or removed (including anyone now over 16 years old), you need to tell us using the online household enquiry form.
Please note you will need to input the security code at the bottom of your letter.
New electors (two stage process)
All new electors added to the household enquiry form must also register to vote online.
New electors must provide the following to register:
- date of birth
- National Insurance number
- current (and, if appropriate, previous) address.
There are two versions of the electoral register. The ‘full register’ is used for elections and the ‘open register’ is an extract of the full register which can be purchased by any individual or organisation.
If you are currently registered to vote, your letter will also state if you are listed on the full or open register.
Under the 'included on the open register' column, you can check your register status.
- ‘Yes’ means you are on the open register
- ‘No’ means your details are not included on the open register. This does not affect your right to vote