In order to administer the billing, collection and recovery of Council Tax and to prevent and detect fraud, we need to use some of your personal data. In the process, it might be shared with:
- Government departments and agencies
- IT software providers who we use to store your personal data
- The National Fraud Initiative
- A printing company, who we use to print your Council Tax bill
- HM Courts, solicitors, tracing agencies, credit agencies, enforcement agents and insolvency practitioners
This list is not exhaustive – other organisations may receive your personal data if the law allows us to do so. We are obligated to hold your personal data indefinitely. You can ask us to access or to rectify the personal data we have about you by contacting us.