Before a new food business can start trading it needs to be registered with us.
It is also important to think about the following requirements from the beginning.
- All food businesses must meet the terms of the hygiene standards set out in Regulation (EC) 852/2004 (hygiene of foodstuffs).
- Depending on the size and nature of your business, you will need to look into which food safety records you will need, and make sure these are completed.
- You will need to consider food hygiene training for your staff.
- You can expect food hygiene inspections by qualified food officers.
- Waste and recycling collections must be arranged with a licensed waste contractor.
- You must make sure your food business meets labelling requirements.
- You must have all the necessary planning and building regulation approvals for the premises to be used as a food business.
- Your food business must meet health and safety requirements.
- Cooking smells or noise should not cause a nuisance to neighbouring properties.