Our green spaces include parks, countryside, play areas, playing fields and bowling greens. We work to keep these areas clean and tidy for your use and enjoyment, supported by our environmental contractor Serco.
Serco also helps us with the removal of litter and the maintenance of public grounds.
We can address problems with:
- grounds maintenance
- broken glass or spillage
- fly tipping
- dog fouling
- damaged or broken public toilets
- uncontrolled animals
- damaged, broken or missing play equipment
- tree maintenance – trees on council owned land including dead trees, fallen trees and roots causing damage to surrounding infrastructure.
Trees and grass cutting on roadside verges
From 1 April 2023, Surrey County Council took over the responsibilities for:
- tree inspections and maintenance
- grass cutting
- weed spraying
- treatment of noxious weeds.
Railway embankments and tunnels
Overgrown vegetation on railway embankments is managed by Network Rail.