Certain larger works are completed on a programmed basis. These works include:
- kitchen replacements
- bathroom replacements
- boiler replacements
- roof replacements
- door and window replacements.
When your property is due planned works, you will be notified in advance by our planned maintenance team.
Where there is an opportunity for you to make design choices, our team will arrange an appointment with you so that you can choose colours or styles.
Works will be completed over the course of several days and will be thoroughly inspected and signed off by us upon completion.
You must not make any alterations (including improvements) to your home without first obtaining our permission.
Failure to do so may result in you being charged for any replacement repairs that may be required.
Permission will not be unreasonably withheld, unless the alteration will make your home unsafe, cost us money to maintain or reduce the value of the property. You will also need to comply with planning requirements and building regulations, if applicable.
Examples of improvements and alterations include:
- changes to your kitchen or bathroom fixtures and fittings, including shower installations
- knocking down walls either inside your home or in your garden
- change fixtures and fittings that relate to water, gas or electricity
- erect sheds or greenhouses or other structures in your garden
- construct a dropped kerb and hard standing
- putting up any external aerials, for example TV aerials or satellite dishes
- erecting conservatories or porches.
How to request permission for a home improvement
If you would like to undertake a home improvement, please complete our housing online form and provide as much information as possible about the proposed improvement.
Your request will be reviewed by your housing manager who contact you with a decision about whether you can or cannot make the improvement.