We employ a variety of specialist contractors to maintain our housing stock.
Our main repairs contractor is Mountjoy. Based in Woking, Mountjoy provide a 24-hour repairs service to our residents. When you request a repair, it will be a Mountjoy operator that responds.
Supporting Mountjoy are a variety of specialists. These specialists will undertake repairs as required to our properties.
All repairs are given a priority assessment based on the information that you provide to us when you report the problem. The priority will determine how quickly we can attend to your repair.
We aim to complete repairs according to the following timescales.
- Emergency repairs: attendance within four hours and made safe or completed within a further four hours.
- Out of hours repairs: attendance within four hours and made safe or completed within a further four hours.
- Urgent repairs: within 24 hours.
- Routine repairs: 10 working days.
- Pest control: attended within 24 hours and completed within 20 working days
Where works are of a larger scale and require more detailed planning, they may take longer to complete.
As part of your tenancy, some repairs will be your responsibility and some items such as fencing, drainage and pest control will be your responsibility in some circumstances.
- Communal areas and equipment
- Window and external doors
- Roof and rainwater goods
- Plumbing, internal blocked waste pipes, gullies or traps
- Sanitary-ware such as wash basins and toilets
- Heating and hot water systems
- Kitchen units
- Internal walls (plastering)
- Damage by a member of your household or visitor
- Replace lost keys
- Curtain track batons
- Plugs and chains for sinks, baths and basins
- Draught excluders
- Broken window glass, unless you have a police crime reference number
- Cost of sweeping flues and chimneys, unless part of a gas safety check
Our additional responsibilities for some residents
If you are a resident in sheltered housing, extra care housing or a bungalow, we recognise that you may need additional support and assistance. In addition to our responsibilities highlighted above, we will also undertake keep in good repair:
- beeping smoke detectors
- problems with door locks
- replacing light bulbs in enclosed light fittings
- clearing gutters
- pest control
- floor coverings.
Help finding a tradesperson
If you are looking for a tradesperson to carry out work for you, you can get details from the Buy With Confidence website. All tradesmen have been vetted and approved by Trading Standards to ensure they operate in a legal, honest and fair way.
For elderly, disabled or vulnerable, we operate a handyman service for small jobs around your home, such as putting up shelves or hanging pictures. Please note, there may be a small charge for using this service.
To book an appointment:
Phone: 01483 743 668
Frequently asked questions
Read our frequently asked questions for more information about repairs