One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time. Volunteering provides opportunities to:
- give something back to an organisation or community which has made a difference to your life
- support people who may require extra emotional or physical help
- improve your local environment feel valued and part of a team
- spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- meet new people and make new friends
- gain confidence and self-esteem.
For some, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try new skills which could lead to a career change. Volunteering can be a way of:
- gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- improving your CV and employment prospects
- gaining qualifications and accreditations
- using your professional skills to benefit others, also known as ‘pro bono’.