His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh

The Mayor, Members and Officers of Woking Borough Council are deeply saddened at the news of the death of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh. Our thoughts are with the Royal Family at this time.

Find out more

When a TEN is required

If you want to hold an event that is not covered by an existing premises licence or a club premises certificate you must apply for a temporary event notice (TEN). This must be applied for at least 10 working days before the event.

Licensable activity includes:

  • selling alcohol
  • serving alcohol to members of a private club
  • providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am.

The process of applying is formally known as ‘serving’ a temporary event notice.

You will also need a TEN if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms of your existing licence, for example holding a wedding reception at a community centre.