Unlicensed family entertainment centre gaming machine permits

Family entertainment centres (FECs) are most commonly found at seaside resorts, in airports, and at motorway service centres. FECs cater for families, including unaccompanied children and young people.

Unlicensed FECs are able to offer category D machines if they obtain a gaming machine permit from us.  Any number of category D machines can be made available with such a permit (subject to non-gambling considerations, such as fire regulations and health and safety).

View the Gambling Commission’s gaming machine categories

Permit fees

The permit will have effect for 10 years, unless it is surrendered or renewed, or if it lapses. There is no annual fee for FEC gaming machine permits. 

Permits that were first granted under the Act will expire in 2017.

View our licensing fees and charges

How to apply

Please contact our licensing team.

Email: licensing@woking.gov.uk
Phone: 01483 755 855