To use a piece of land as a caravan site, the owner must have a caravan site licence. Before we can grant this licence, the site must also have planning permission.
A site licence will have conditions attached to it. These include:
- spacing and maintenance of caravans or mobile homes
- fire precautions and electrical installations
- drainage, sanitation and washing facilities
- water and liquefied petroleum gas supply
- maintenance and safety of roads and footpaths
- car parks and recreational areas.
A site licence is not needed when:
- A caravan sits on land surrounding a house and its use is incidental to that house.
- A single caravan sited no longer than two consecutive nights (on land which caravans had not been sited for more than 28 days in the preceding 12 months).
- Up to three caravans on a site of not less than 5 acres (maximum of 28 days in 12 months).
- Sites occupied by exempted organisations such as the Caravan Club.
- Sites of up to five caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members only.
- Sites occupied by a local authority such as gypsy and traveller sites.
- Sites for temporary and special purposes such as caravan rallies, agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites .
- A site for tents used for an overall maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
How to apply
Fees and charges
For seating and table arrangements that take up less than three square metres there is no fee but you must still submit an application.
If the seating and table arrangements use an area of between three and 10 square metres, there is a flat fee. Each additional square metre thereafter will incur an extra cost.
The Mobile Homes (Site Rules) (England) Regulations 2014
Operators of residential caravan sites and mobile home parks are required to deposit their site rules with us once they have completed a consultation process with the residents. We keep a register of all site rules we receive, including variations and deletions.
The following site rules have been deposited with us.
|22 December 2014||BNB Management||Warren Farm Mobile Home Park, Warren Lane, Pyrford, Surrey GU22 8XF|