Homelink is the name of our home independence service. It offers advice, support and assistance to elderly, disabled or vulnerable people who own or privately rent their home, and who wish to adapt, repair or improve it in order to continue living there.
If you are a council tenant, you should contact your area housing manager on 0300 373 0373 or submit a request online.
The home independence service offers:
- home visits by a Homelink caseworker
- benefits advice and checks to see whether you are entitled to any financial help
- help to identify what adaptations or improvements your home needs
- advice on how to pay for the work including help applying for loans, grants and other forms of financial assistance
- arranging works though the Disabled Facilities Grant scheme
- advice on finding and employing reputable contractors
- project managing work, including support and advice once the work starts and monitoring the work as it progresses
- signposting to other services you might find useful.
Phone: 01483 743 668