Residents' off-peak car park permits

If you live within the Woking town centre area 1 controlled parking zone (CPZ) and do not have access to any off-street parking, you can apply for a residents' off-peak car park permit. This also applies to residents of specific apartment developments.

The residents' off-peak car park permit allows restricted use of either the Heathside Crescent, Victoria Way or Victoria Place car parks. Both provide parking overnight from 5pm to 9am on weekdays and all day Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

An off-peak car park permit costs £170.

Town centre resident permit - free EV charging 

If you are a town centre resident with an electric vehicle, you can now apply for a permit in our Victoria Place Red car park giving you access to free charging. Terms and conditions apply.  

Who can apply

Residents living in the Woking area 1 controlled parking zone or within the following apartment developments.

  • Ashton Court, Victoria Way
  • Aqua House, Chertsey Road
  • Birchwood Court, Goldsworth Road
  • Bradfield House, Guildford Road
  • Bramwell Place, Chertsey Road 
  • Bridgewater Place, Victoria Way 
  • Centrium, Station Approach 
  • Century Court, Victoria Way 
  • Copper Beech House, Heathside Crescent
  • Craigmore Towers, Guildford Road
  • Eastgate, Station Approach 
  • Enterprise Place, Church St East 
  • Goldsworth Reach, Goldsworth Road
  • Greenwood House, Goldsworth Road
  • Harrington Place
  • Holly Lodge, Heathside Crescent
  • Kennet Court, Victoria Way 
  • Laleham Court, Chobham Road
  • Metro Apartments, Goldsworth Road 
  • Middle Walk, Commercial Way 
  • New Central, Guildford Road
  • Regents Court, Victoria Way 
  • Sandringham Court, Guildford Road
  • Somerset House, Oriental Road
  • Spectrum House, Goldsworth Road
  • Stratford Court, Victoria Way 
  • Thackers Mews, Guildford Road
  • The Exchange, Oriental Road
  • The Old Dairy, Goldsworth Road
  • Trinity Place
  • Vantage Court, Goldsworth Road
  • William Booth Place, Stanley Road 
  • Winston Lodge, Commercial Way

View a map of our controlled parking zones

How to apply

To apply, you will need:

  • a copy of your vehicle registration document (V5C), ensuring you show the section with your vehicle details and your name and address
  • proof of residency for the address you are applying for
  • credit or debit card.

Please use a document with your name and address and dated within the last three months, such as a:

  • utility bill
  • bank statement
  • letter from your pension provider or the NHS.

If you have just moved, we can accept a letter from your solicitor or landlord.

If you drive a company vehicle proof of ownership can be in the form of a letter from your manager on headed stationery confirming your exclusive use of the vehicle.

If you have just changed your car or moved to a new house and you are waiting for a new vehicle registration document from the DVLA, please send us copy of the new owner slip or the completed change of address section with your permit application.

Online applications take a minimum of two working days to process.

Apply for an off-peak car park permit

Using and making changes to your permit

Victoria Way and Victoria Place car parks

This car park is operated by an exit barrier controlled automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system, registration numbers will be automatically recognised and this will open the barrier and give unlimited entry and exit.

If you change your vehicle, you will need to let us know your new vehicle's details. You can complete the change of vehicle online, which costs an administration fee of £15. Once these details have been received, the ANPR will be updated so your new vehicle will be recognised at the exit barriers. 

Heathside Crescent car park

This car park is not barrier operated so a permit is issued, which must be clearly displayed in the vehicle windscreen whilst parked. Failure to display may result in a penalty charge notice (PCN) being issued.

If your change your vehicle, please return your current permit to us, along with a copy of your new vehicle documents and updated proof of residency, if applicable.

Postal address: Parking permits, Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6YL

In the event of a courtesy or loan vehicle, please email our team so virtual cover can be arranged for up to a month.


Apply to make a change to your permit

Cancelling your permit

To cancel your permit you need to notify us at

If you have a Heathside Crescent paper permit, you must return it to us on cancellation at the address below. We will refund any unused months minus an administration charge of £25. Please remember to send us your bank details for payment via BACS.

Please return your permit to: Parking services, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking GU21 6YL.

Please note our permit schemes are reviewed annually and may not necessarily continue.


For more information about parking permits, please phone our parking services team.

Phone: 01483 743 825