How to appeal a PCN

If you wish to appeal against your penalty charge notice (PCN), you must do so by using the online form below.

Appeal online

Challenge a penalty charge notice (PCN)

Appeal in writing

Alternatively, you can write to us at: Parking Enforcement Services, Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking GU21 6YL

The appeals process

When making an appeal online or in writing, you will need to supply the following information:

  • PCN number – this will start with either 'YK' or 'WO'
  • vehicle registration number.

From the date we receive your appeal, we will put your penalty charge notice on hold. We will then write to you when a decision has been made.

If you’re unsatisfied with our response to your formal representation and you don't believe you should have received a PCN, you can appeal in writing to an independent adjudicator at the Traffic Penalty Tribunal. This is an independent appeals adjudication service for local authority issued PCNs.

You may only register your case if you have received a rejection to a formal representation from us. If you have had a challenge rejected, and are yet to receive a 'notice to owner', you must wait to receive this and make a formal representation first and wait for a response.

More information

Advice on how to appeal against a parking ticket and the PCN process 

More information on how to appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal