Apply for planning permission
When you’re ready to apply for planning permission you will need to do this through the national Planning Portal website.
Using the Planning Portal
- type in your name and postcode
- select a form for the type of application you are making - for help choosing the right form see what types of application there are
- login or register on the portal
- complete the form with details about the work you want to do
- add supporting documents, such as your site and location plans (available via the Ordnance Survey website)
- check your application
- your fee will be calculated, so you can pay online and submit your application.
Getting help with the Planning Portal
Unfortunately, we can't help you use the Planning Portal system. If you have difficulties:
- see their frequently asked questions
- use their help centre.
What you need to include with your planning application
If you’re unable to provide the information requested, please provide a short, written explanation with your application about why it is not appropriate in your particular circumstances.