Southern Gas Networks (SGN) will be upgrading its gas network along Chertsey Road, Woking between 24 February and 3 April 2020.
The project involves the essential replacement of old metal gas main and service pipes to the individual properties, with a new plastic pipe to ensure safe and reliable gas supplies to the local area.
The works will be conducted by SGN’s contractor, Essex Utilities Ltd.
- Week commencing 24 February 2020 until 3 April 2020 (6 weeks), it is necessary to close Chertsey Road between The Broadway and Chobham Road.
- Temporary two-way traffic signals to manage the traffic flow between Chobham Road and Duke Street will be in operation. These are in place to enable deliveries for businesses on Chobham Road and Commercial Way.
- The temporary traffic signals will be manually controlled during peak times.
- A diversion for through traffic will be in place via Locke Way and Duke Street.
- During the works, it is necessary to suspend two disabled parking bays on Chobham Road.
- Pedestrian access to Chertsey Road will be maintained during the work.
- Businesses are open as usual.
The new plastic pipe has a minimum lifespan of 80 years. This means that when the works are complete, residents and businesses will continue to enjoy the benefits of a safe and reliable gas supply for years to come.