Temporary traffic management

Surrey County Council is the authority responsible for planning, managing and permitting street and roadworks across the county of Surrey.

Anyone wishing to carry out street or road works must apply for a permit through Surrey County Council's Traffic Management Permit Scheme. You’re legally required to apply before starting the work. 

Find out more about the permit scheme

Apply for a Traffic Management Permit

Emergency works permits

Emergency works permits must be applied for within two hours of the commencement of work and during working hours. We have the power to grant a permit, apply conditions to a permit or refuse permission to carry out the work. 

Current roadworks 

View the Surrey roadworks map