Personal land charge search

A personal search, carried out online by yourself or a third party, can be booked using our online form. The results will be returned to you via email.

A maximum of six personal searches per agent, per day may be booked, and a minimum of 24 hours notice is required.

Personal searches are free of charge, except for individual questions submitted using the CON29R enquiries form. Payment is required in advance by debit or credit card.

CON29R enquiries and fees

If you require answers to individual questions using the CON29R enquiries form, these can be requested at the same time as the personal search. Please allow up to five working days for any CON29R questions to be answered.

The charges for answers to individual questions on the CON29R question are £4 per sub question eg. 3.7a, 3.9b, etc. The only questions that can be ordered in this way are all parts of 3.7 except e, 3.9, 3.10, 3.12 and 3.15. 

Read the additional information below regarding the remaining CON29R questions.

How to apply

Apply for a personal land charge search

How to pay

We do not accept search requests without payment. Once you have completed the online form, you will automatically be directed to the payment screen to make your payment by credit or debit card.

Additional information

To complete a CON29R form the following useful links may help.

A property history will be supplied with the personal search results and this covers records regarding planning history, including any appeals, building control history such as contraventions, TPOs and enforcement notices.

Community Infrastructure Levy

Assets of Community Value

Question 3.3 Schedule 3 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 has yet to be enacted. Information relating to property SuDS may have been submitted with the relevant planning application which can be viewed on our website.

For new builds, information should be sought from the developer, including clarification on any maintenance responsibilities a property owner may inherit or any maintenance agreements they may be required to fund should any exist through a management company.

Water and sewerage companies will normally include a surface water charge in their bills where roof water from a property connects to a public surface water sewer.

Drainage infrastructure serving a single property within the curtilage of that property will be the responsibility of the home owner to maintain, unless directed otherwise.

Highways, railways and footpath information is available from Surrey County Council. Please contact: Surrey County Council, Highways Information Team, LAB Building, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford GU4 7BQ.

 Phone: 0208 541 8924

Woking Borough Council's Local Plan can be viewed on the National Planning Portal. View our Local Plan. 

Information relating to conservation areas can be found on our website.

Woking Borough Council does not hold a contaminated land register as currently there is no land within the borough which has been identified as statutory contaminated land as defined in Section 78A(2) of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

For information about Radon Gas please contact: Radon Survey, Health Protection Agency, Centre for Radiation, Chemical and Environmental Hazards, Chilton, Didcot, Oxon OX11 0RQ.

Phone: 01235 822622

For information relating to drainage enquiries please contact: Thames Water Property Insight , PO Box 3189, Slough SL1 4WW. DX: 151280 Slough 13.

Phone: 0118 925 1504


If you have any questions, please contact our local land charges team.

Phone: 01483 743 035